How To Wash A Backpack?
Backpacks and bookbags are widely used for outdoor activities, school supplies, hiking gear, and other functions. When it comes to deep cleaning or washing, there are different methods used for it. Hand or a washing machine are two methods widely used for washing a backpack.
Before washing a backpack, check the care label thoroughly; if it says that the backpack shouldn’t wash with water, use other methods like a dry cloth or gentle cleaner to clean the backpack.
1. How To Wash A Backpack By Hand?
After collecting all materials that are necessary for washing a backpack, here is a step-by-step guide
- It is important to remove all items and gears from your backpack pockets and compartments so that any items don’t get damaged while washing. Remove all loose items from pockets, compartments, and pouches.
- Now take lukewarm water and soap or detergent and then mix them in a bowl or bucket. Please make sure that the detergent or soap should be gentle so that any part of the backpack doesn’t get damaged or dull during the process. Also, keep in mind that some detergents can damage Nylon and Leather material.
- Clean the backpack with the help of a dry cloth to remove dirt from the surface.
- Now dip the backpack into a lukewarm soapy solution and wait for 30 minutes. After removing the backpack from the solution, start scrubbing the surface, shoulder straps, handle, compartments, and pouches with the help of a soft cloth.
- Focus on shoulder straps, front compartment, and handle as these parts get the most dust and stains as compared to others.
- After scrubbing, rinse the backpack with clean water and clear all residue on the backpack’s surface. You can also use a white dry soft cloth for that purpose.
- Keep Your backpack in the dry air until it gets completely dry. Make sure don’t keep it in the sunlight for long hours.
Following these steps, you can easily wash and clean your backpack from stubborn dust, dirt, stain, and odor. It will also increase the longevity and life of your backpack. With this information in mind, you should now be equipped with the knowledge of how to wash a backpack properly.
2. How To Wash A Backpack In The Washing Machine?
Cleaning a backpack in the washing machine, it is important to check the care label as it is more critical than washing a backpack by hand. The backpack’s zippers, straps, and other parts can get tangled or caught in the washing machine, and your backpack will damage. If your backpack is made from polyester, canvas, or nylon, you can easily wash them in the machine.
- Empty your backpack by removing all necessary items like books, stationery, electronic gadgets, and others before putting in into the machine.
- Take a while cloth and put the backpack inside a pillowcase or laundry bag to ensure the safety of zippers and straps so they don’t get tangled during washing.
- After this put a mild or gentle laundry detergent that is specially designed for cleaning the backpack’s fabric. Don’t ever put any harsh chemicals or detergents into the water without getting proper knowledge about it.
- Now put the backpack inside the washing machine and wait for 30 minutes so all stubborn stains and dust particles are removed.
- After this, once the washing machine finished its cycle, take out your backpack from the machine and hand or in the air, and allow it to dry completely.
- Make sure you don’t hang the backpack with direct contact in the sunlight. This can cause damage to the fabric of the backpack.
- After following the steps, your backpack is ready to use again.
Material Required For Washing A Backpack
Washing a backpack can be a difficult task, but in reality, it can be completed by taking simple steps. With the right materials and some simple tips, you can get your backpack washed without any damage to the material. It is very crucial to check the care label on the backpack as it may contain important information related to the backpack’s material, zippers, and cleaning requirements.
To start, gather the materials needed for washing a backpack: a bucket, mild laundry detergent or stain remover, a soft-bristled brush, a sponge, and cold water. Don’t use hot water as it can cause color fading or material shrinking after washing. Begin by scrubbing the outside of the backpack with a soft brush and mild detergent, be careful to avoid any damage to zippers and straps.
For cleaning the inside of your bag, you may use lukewarm water in combination with a little bit of mild detergent directly on a sponge. Using any soap or chemical to clean zippers or other hardware can cause damage as well as make it more difficult to clean them after washing the backpack.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Put A Backpack In The Dryer?
No, you should never put a backpack or bookbag in the dryer as it can damage the zippers, straps, and logo on the upper surface by sticking in the corner of the dryer. It is advisable to use a clean dry cloth or towel and start rubbing the backpack surface for removing the extra moisture.
How To Dry A Backpack Fast?
To dry a backpack fast after washing hang it upside down on the outside so can water comes out easily. Keep open the backpack by zippers so that air can pass the side of the backpack for fast drying. Most of the backpacks take 12 hours to 24 hours to completely dry.
Washing a backpack is a very simple and easy task if followed by proper steps and equipment. The most important thing to keep in mind while washing the backpack is to ensure the safety of your backpack’s material, zippers, straps, and color. By following these simple instructions, you can ensure that your backpack will remain clean and in top condition for years to come. Happy washing!
Other Related Posts:
Shoaib is an amazing article writer that has written hundred of an in-depth article with full SEO optimization. He loves to write on travel, tech, and other topics with complete research.